Friday, May 16, 2014

What/Whom do YOU live for?

Hey Y'all!


 I've been racking my brain with so many thoughts and lessons I've learned recently that I've been having a rough time choosing what to blog about. SO, I've had a lot of questions from my peers on what "living second" means and how exactly do I place Jesus first in my life. It makes my heart SO happy that my life change has influenced/inspired so many of my peers and friends. 
BE A LIGHT!
:) 

"If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." -Colossians 3:1-4

I'm sure most have heard about the "I Am Second" movement that has become so immensely popular with young Christian adults.
SEE BELOW! 

To sum it up, it's all about putting Jesus first in your life and surrendering yourself wholeheartedly to living second. It isn't just about the celebrities who have committed their lives to Christ, it's all about you and me and when commit our lives to God, everything starts to make sense.

How do I attempt to put him first in all aspects?
Well, do you remember when those cool bracelets came out that were neon that everyone wore and said "WWJD?"

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." -Matthew 6:33

That's exactly how I try to look at all situations in life that I may struggle with. Any tough spot I tend to come across or have placed myself in, I always find myself taking that exact stance. 
OR what would God want me to do in this situation, what would bring him glory?

"Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." -Proverbs 16:3

Now, I understand that from a young adults perspective living in such a way isn't the easiest and it sure isn't the most popular, especially in society's view. We as Christian's must remember we are not of this world.
There was plenty of sin when Jesus walked the Earth and he took no part in it.
We must remember that pursuing relationships, keeping friendships, our daily choices and actions, and living our entire life should bring him Glory. 
LIVE in such a way that non-believers will question their own beliefs and want to know Jesus.  
It may not be the easiest but bless those who persecute you.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." -John 15-5

I'm not saying that we will ever live perfect lives, that's impossible. The only perfection is Jesus Christ, but it should be what we work towards. I will live my entire life in the pursuit of Jesus and trying to live the way he did on this earth. I want to view the world as he did. My sailor's mouth and lustful nature does NOT bring him Glory and that's something I definitely have committed myself to changing.

"For the sake of the world, burn like a fire in me. Light a flame in my soul for every eye to see."

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14:6

Something that really humbles me and I remind myself often is when Jesus was nailed to the cross the guards that placed him there mocked him and took his clothes he prayed to God stating, 
“Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” 
-Luke 23:24

These men beat him, nailed him to a cross, and he prayed for them?
Jesus, died on that cross for US; so that we may live sinless lives and can live with him and the father in Heaven for ALL eternity. 
THAT is something worth living for.

What are YOU living for?

He > I

"Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." 
-James 4:14

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." -Philippians 1:6


There is a 365 devotional bible study daily reader that "live second" sells at Barnes and Noble and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is linked to the website and there are videos that go along with the studies. :)

http://www.iamsecond.com/challenges/livesecond/

Love y'all, goodnight!





No comments:

Post a Comment