Sunday, February 23, 2014

but the greatest of these is, LOVE.

Good Morning!


Life, has been throwing me some of the toughest curve balls of my young adult life this last week, so I apologize for being so neglectful of my blog. God has been teaching me some tough lesson and is really molding me through this storm.

As I am sure most of y'all are well aware of what happened to me last week.


Awesome, right?

Let me back track on last week though, to give you the full picture.
I received my income tax and the biggest paycheck of my life on Wednesday. I paid off all my non-school debt and got ahead on all my bills an extra month. I was no longer treading water, I had it together and was dang proud. Friday comes, and I get smacked in the face. Not only did my car get totaled and it wasn't even my fault, they had to pry me out of my beautiful car with the jaws of life as I'm sitting there with a cervical collar and shooting thoracic pain. Six hours in the ER, no fractures or lacerations, walked away with double whip lash and bruises.

I. AM. BLESSED.

R.I.P. DELILAH

The unfortunate part about the entire situation is the driver who T-Boned me had only liability and it was the state minimum, $10,000. I slammed face first into a LEXUS. Thank the good Lord I have owned my car for two years already, and was fully insured but I am basically out clost to $10,000. 
God, works in my life in VERY bold ways because I ask that of him.
This, was by far the biggest lesson I've had to deal with thus far. 
As I lay in my bed heavily drugged ,the devil starts working in me and I start thinking the ever so popular, "Why me God?" I just finally got it together and now I'm without a car, and in severe pain. It's SO easy to get sucked into self pity and bury yourself with pessimistic thoughts. As the medications wore off, I really started to try evaluate what God was really wanting to teach me.
I am a FIRM believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason because it is God's will, both good and bad. The tough times, are there to mold you into the person God created you to be, no matter the extent of the struggle.

This, is what I learned this last week.


Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 
-Colossians 3:2 "

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. or where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. -Matthew 6:19-21"

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. -Matthew 6:24"

My daily thoughts and mind were so focused on money, bills, vacations, and earthly things, that I wasn't focusing on heavenly things and LIFE. I've always been a hustler and have worked 2-3 jobs since I was 16 years old. I enjoy having nice things that I have worked hard for. 

Material things and life, can be taken from you in the blink of an eye. 

I am a witness to that last week. I seriously can't believe how fast it happened and how fortunate I am to be alive. In a split second I owned a 2010 Civic, was in perfect health, and felt like I was on top of the world and in the next, I had no car, extensive whiplash, and I felt like I hit rock bottom. 
In my previous blog I discussed making the days count. 

If I were to have died last Friday, what mark would I have left on the world? What would people say about me at my funeral?
Did the positives, outweigh the negative decisions in my life?
Did I make the most out of every day and did I help every person God put me in contact with?

Material things are here to be enjoyed, not treasured.
 Imagine if you spent a little less time on facebook/twitter/instagram/tv and a little more time in your bible. This is me, preaching to myself because we all know I post 100 times a day! :P 

"Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. -James 4:14"

Yes, you need money in order to pay bills and live, I get that. If all you are living for is to have nicer things, are you really living? 
Your big fancy house and nice vehicles aren't going to remember you when you are gone. 
The million pairs of boots and miss me jeans aren't going to take care of/ comfort you when you are sick. 

"So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. -1 Corinthians 13:13"

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world. 
-Gandhi"

LIVE, for love. 
People aren't going to remember you just by what you say, they are going to remember you by what you have done.
 BE the change you wish to see in the world and don't live an empty greedy lifestyle. 

"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? -Mark 8:36"

Life is short, make the MOST out of EVERY SINGLE DAY and do so abundantly with LOVE.

Okay, so this blog was quite winded but my mind has been in full overload this last week!

Love y'all.

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
 The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”’

-Numbers 6:24-26


No comments:

Post a Comment